Senior Planner (Freeport Site)
Join an industry leader and make a positive change in the sustainable use of the world’s natural resources. Together, we will transform the business and drive the industry toward a greener future.
At Metso, you will be supported by our inclusive culture and a network of colleagues from around the world. With us, you will embark on a personal growth journey and are encouraged to realize your potential. This is your invitation to rise above the possible.
Job posting end date: 02/13/2024
The Senior Planner required strong experience as a planner with background in mechanical and maintenance as well as in depth knowledge in mining equipment. This position required the coordination and planning of activities related to the life cycle service at Freeport site and other internal section in Metso.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must have extensive knowledge planner of mining equipment such as crushers, Screens, mills, atc.
- Coordinate with manager, Superintendent & Foreman for managing: Cost, manpower, scheduling, critical parts, daily plan, weekly plan, monthly, long-term plan (improve PMs), KPI (key performance indicator) for equipment reports.
- Develop and maintain weekly, minor, and major shutdown workplan (short- and long-term maintenance plan)
- Coordinate with manager, superintendent, and foreman to controlling: Maintenance job progress, resources, rebuild/assembly job screen and crushers at Freeport workshop, monitor Gantt chart suitability with actual, control & order critical parts.
- Liaise with foreman to issue scopes of work, Gantt chart for LCS activity in accordance with Metso specifications and to ensure that maintenance activity is efficient, on time and in a safe manner.
- Ensure work package are prepare for each work and closed with proper data and job history.
- Cost monitoring, prepare budget plan (OPEX & CAPEX) and review with Manager, Service coordinator and finance team for LCS screens and crushers and control to ensure all jobs completed within budget
- Liaise with purchaser for send inquiry to internal supplier (M:O colleagues) or external supplier to collect price information’s for any parts or consumables regarding preparation of quotation to client and internal.
- Develop required parts, tools, and consumables for components under LCS and lease with purchaser and logistic officer to ensure these items are available to achieve on time deliveries, check similarity parts between order and actual in Low land, High land, Surabaya Workshop and Osowilangun DHL Warehouse
- Create VRMS request to Freeport for delivery materials from Surabaya – Freeport site*
- Create PO (Purchase order) / STO (Stock Transfer Order) for Parts order in Australia and work with logistics team
- Prepare progress report and update the report to clients weekly and monthly or as requested by client (KPI reports: Safety, Maintenance activity, PM compliance, Equipment availability, atc…)
- Liaise with all stake holder to ensure that all reporting to clients is accurate and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating and scheduling work to be performed for the team LCS and customer, Coordination with Freeport team in weekly rolling schedule to support KPI target
- Liaise with client representative, planner, and forwarder for pickup components to be refurbished and dispatch once refurbishment job complete.
- Maintain the computerized maintenance management system, such as the equipment register, plan structure, BOMs, PMs , technical library & Share drive’s
- Make sure & developing of CMMS (Computerized maintenance management system) and SAP is fully utilized in line with company’s maintenance business.
- Develop & maintain equipment tracking Screen & Crusher on SharePoint & FI System, develop system with QR Code, running inspection and planning management
- Conduct planning meeting with internal and external (Shutdown meeting, rolling schedule, Leadership meeting, atc….)
- Conduct job progress meeting with team workshop Surabaya (Control, create and managed cost with WBS number) and expediting meeting with SCM team
- Develop team planning, detailed maintenance planning business process and procedure to build best practices maintenance planning system and handed over (delegation task when offsite).
- Acting site manager during his absence
COMPLIANCE WITH ESTABLISHED OH&S AND QUALITY SYSTEM POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
As an employee of Metso Indonesia, required to be aware of responsibilities under the Metso QHES, Customer and Government Regulation and to:
- Adhere to safe work practices and report immediately any unsafe action and condition.
- Work within both Indonesia’s and Metso OH&S guidelines and policies.
- Report all accidents and hazards.
- Wear the provided personal protective equipment when appropriate and required.
- Follow Metso & customer operations policies and procedures by understanding the corporate Quality System.
- Consult with management on OH&S matters affecting the workplace.
- Freeport site manager to receive direction and ensure LCS activities are in accordance with the Company procedures and policies.
- Service Superintendent & foreman for co-ordination of all workshop activities.
- LCS contract Coordinator (Indonesia Region) for parts inventory optimization
- Service coordinator and Accounting for cost
- Purchaser for co-ordination of price information and parts/consumables sourcing.
- Logistic officer for co-ordination of all parts availability.
- QC for reporting & all quality assurance activities.
- Office Assistant for assistance when required.
SKILLS, EXPERINCE & CAPABILITIES
- A mechanical trade qualification from college or technical school; or eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong experience as a planner with background in mechanical and maintenance
- Must be experienced in the use of a personal computer including being highly proficient in the use of MS Word and MS Excel and moderately proficient in the use of MS PowerPoint, MS Workshop, CMMS, SAP and other software application planning system
- Experience must also include exposure to people management.
- Initiative – Recognizes and acts on present issues / Offers ideas to address current situations or issues / Looks for ways to achieve greater results or add value / Implements contingency plans when crises arise.
- Teamwork – Understands the goals of the team and each team member’s role within it / Deals honestly and fairly with others, showing consideration and respect / Shares experiences, knowledge and best practices with team members.
- Planning and Organizing – Completes tasks in accordance with plans / Sets priorities for tasks in order of importance / Establishes goals / Makes needed adjustments to timelines, steps and resource allocation.
- Communication – Listens actively and objectively without interrupting / Presents appropriate information in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing / Elicits comments or feedback on what has been said / Adapts content, style, tone and medium of communication to suit the target audience’s language, cultural background, and level of understanding
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent data entry skills